A neat shot of Kildare Road looking south towards Niagara from St. Mary’s Gate. On the right hand side are two houses. The closest one is today 873 Kildare, and is known as the Rideout-Parson House. Originally built for the manager of the Bank of Commerce up on Devonshire. The house was built around 1906. To the left of that one is the Stephen A. Griggs house at 889 Kildare. Griggs was the manager of the Walkerville Brewery, his house was built around 1908. The Griggs house is today a designated heritage house. Both houses were designed by Albert Kahn.
Interesting to catch a glimpse of what was then pretty new markings in the sidewalks. Nice and crisp lettering, a few of these old sidewalk slabs can be found around the city.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.