Canderel Building – January 2002

March 24, 2014

Here’s another picture of the corner of Riverside and Ouellette with work a little farther along. As you can see the building has risen above ground and is starting to get windows. It’s still concrete colour as the metal cladding has not yet been attached to the building.

6 Responses to Canderel Building – January 2002

1. Uzzy on March 24, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Well it’s been a nice start, for 12 years, but when are they building the rest of it on top?

2. Gary on March 24, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I think I heard that it was originally supposed to be 28 floors BUT!!the city has some weird weed up it’s ass about a uniform skyline…think small stay small!!

3. Michael Januska on March 25, 2014 at 9:26 am

I prefer it without the metal cladding.

4. DT on March 25, 2014 at 9:18 pm

It was supposed to be 32 floors, standing at 463ft.

Instead we got 14 floors at 194ft, a good thing considering the building has never been fully occupied.

I miss fast eddy’s arcade. 2 floors of entertainment for everyone on the river.

5. Dave on March 29, 2014 at 11:38 am

Gary, no. They couldn’t sell the condos that were planned for it so they scaled it down. Who wants to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a condo with no balcony?

This is still the BIGGEST mistake CityHall ever did. Thanks to the little man syndrome of Mike Hurst….

6. windsorshane on March 30, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I don’t find the building all to offensive with exception to the ground floor. The complete lack of retail is disgusting. This building creates a dead block. Why on earth they didn’t divide up that ground floor into 2000sf retail tenants facing Riverside and Pitt is beyond me. Now they have an office tenant, I believe some sort of insurance company taking up the entire ground floor… not good.