The photo above ran in the Detroit News in January 1984. It accompanied a story on the conversion of the old Elmwood Casino into Brentwood. This photograph shows the original entrance to the 1940′s dining room and lounge. The original entrance featured tile mosaic trees. All of this entrance way has been covered over, even the two windows on each side of the door are no more.