Bartlet Building Annex

From the Border Cities Star – June 14, 1924:

Above is a drawing prepared by Cameron and Ralston, architects, for the handsome new office and store building which is being erected by Mr. E. N. Bartlet, at the northeast corner of London and Pelisser Streets. As the drawing shows, the building will be six stories in height, and will be modern in every detail. The two lower floors will be given over to retail stores, while the floors above will be divided into offices. Work of excavation has begun on the site, the old house which formerly stood on the land having been demolished in record time.

From the Border Cities Star – December 31, 1924:

The Bartlet building, seen in the picture, is located at the corner of London and Pelissier streets. The new building has been added to one built in 1921 ans when completed, it will provide accommodation for thirty or forty offices. The new building was constructed by E. N. Bartlet of Windsor. In addition to offices there will be two stores on the ground floor. Fast elevator service will connect all floors. The structure is of brown brick and has a commanding appearance from the surrounding territory.

After 85 years, the Bartlet annex, is still looking pretty good. The original Bartlet Building, built in 1921 and designed by J.C. Pennington, is the stone building to the east that houses Milk and Marathon.

A near old postcard from around 1929 showing the hustle and bustle of University Avenue West.