Located in Windsor’s near west side, on the corner of University and Cameron is this school building. Designed by Windsor’s pre-eminent mid-century architecture firm Johnson & McWhinnie, Alicia Mason Vocational School was built in 1957. It had been closed for several years as a school, when it was reopened as the Mason Educational Centre for Adult and Continuing Education.
Innovative use of concrete is the building’s most prominent feature.
Simple, clean courses of brick are also a main feature of the building, contrasting with the concrete.
A view along Cameron St.
A detail shot of the scalloped concrete.
A view of the main entrance along Cameron St.