Located on Ouellette Ave in Windsor across from Hotel-Dieu Hospital is the vacant Medical Arts Building. It was built in 1930, designed by architect J.R. Sculland. The building has been vacant for several years, ever since the language school on the main floor closed up shop. There is some interest growing for a condo conversion project.
A full view of the building as it stands today
A view from the early 1940′s.
There are many intersting architectural features in the smooth limestone exterior of the Medical Arts Building. It is the only Historically Desginated building in the city of Windsor that was designated based on interor features (lobby).